Saturday, April 26, 2008

Pork ala Papa Sprite


Yes! Believe it or not, thats what I call this recipe. I really dont know the original name for this. I got this smoking Filipino recipe from my Granny. Years ago, when I was a kid, I always wondered on what my grandmother is doing with the Sprite.

Since we all know that its a softdrink. I never knew that I can be used for cooking. This Filipino pork recipe is a mix blend of sweet with a bit of a sour taste. Try this at your own risk! hahaha.



Toi's Pork ala Papa Sprite

  • Kilo Pork Liempo, cut into serving size
  • 2 Bottles of Sprite (12 oz)
  • Pimientos
  • Salt
  • Banana Ketchup (Preferably, Papa Banana Ketchup)
Cooking Directions

1. Combine the pork and pimientos inside a big pot and pour in the Sprite.
2. Bring in to boil until the pork is tender.
3. Wait till the pork completely absorbs all the Sprite
4. Let the pork simmer a bit until the grease comes out.
5. Transfer to a frying pan and fry the pork until its brown.
6. Add in a few pinch of salt to taste.
7. Pour in the banana ketchup and let it simmer till the all the pork is covered in ketchup.
8. Let the ketchup sink in to the pork.

Serve in hot!!


No comments: