Whenever there is a beer sessions. A good pulutan should always be present. One of the best seafood pulutan that we always love is the Baked Tahong (mussels). First, tahong is really cheap and its easy to cook in just a snap. Add in a few seasonings and there you go, an instant cuisine to accompany your beer drinking session.
Toi's Baked Tahong
- 2 lbs clams in shell
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 medium onion minced
- 1 small tomato minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded quick melt cheese
- calamansi or lemon slices
1. Clean the clams, remove the half upper shell. Prepare baking tray by putting aluminum foil and thinly cover with salt. Line up cleaned, opened clams.
2. Prepare the garnish in a small bowl, mix minced garlic, onion, and tomato with a dash of salt and pepper. This will be the garnish.
3. Garnish opened clams with the mix and add some cheese at the clam tops.
4. Put in oven at 350 F, and bake for 15-20 mins.
5. Serve immediately with freshly squeezed lemons. This can serve as appetizer.