Another one of my favorites. This is a Nilaga recipe variant and the main ingredient is white beans. It blends perfectly with the pork pata broth. Also the white beans add thickness to the broth which makes it ohh so tasty. This is very much perfect on cold and rainy seasons. Add a few leafy veggies such as Cabbage or Pechay and we're good to GO! If you want a different variation, you can use other beans such as black and red ones.
Toi's Porn and Beans Stew!
- 1/4 kilo white beans or sitaw beans (tip, soak in water overnight)
- 1/2 kilo of pork pata, choose the hind part since its meatier
- 2 medium onions, peeled and diced.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cabbage or 1 bundle of pechay, sliced
- crushed pepper for seasoning
- fish sauch (patis)
1. Boil the pork together with the beans in medium fire until both are soft and tender. Continue to add water as needed. (tip, place a metal spoon, this shortens the boiling time). Add a few pinch of salt. 2. In a different pot, sautee the garlic together with the onion and then add the pork. 3. Add the boiled beans together with the broth. 4. Add pepper, and then bring in the cabbage. Add some fish sauce to taste. 5. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!