This is one of the so called luxury Filipino dishes due to its prime delectable cuisine taste. Together with the right mixture of seasonings and tomato sauce. This recipe really stands out on occasions. Pork can also be used as an alternative, but beef brings out the taste. Another so called technique for this recipe is to let it chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours after cooking and let the thick sauce sink into the meat. Then re-heat and serve.
Toi's Beef Caldereta
- 1 cup bell peppers cut into strips
- 1 cup grated cheese (or use cheese spread)
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- tabasco sauce
- bay leaf, 3 large pieces
- salt, peppercorns
- mushroom, potatoes and carrots2 cups beef broth (1 beef cube dissolved in hot water)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2/3 cup liver spread
1. Boil the beef in the beef broth and pineapple juice, with the onion and a dash of salt and about 20 pcs of peppercorn. Let it simmer until the beef is tender.
2. Saute garlic, when almost brown, add the beef.
3. Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste.
4. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add the bay leaf, bellpeppers, carrots, mushroom, and potatoes.
6. If the sauce is too thick, add water.
7. When the potatoes and carrots are cooked, add the liver spread and cheese.
8. Add tabasco sauce.
9. Season to taste.
Tip: Chill in the fridge, until the sauce seeps into the meat. Re-heat and serve.